HOW TO TAKE PART IN THE OLYMPIAD
Students till eighteen years old can take part in the Olympiad. The Olympiad is held only in team scoring. The team is no more than 3 persons.
The number of teams representing an educational institution in distance session is not limited. The number of teams in main session is defined by a rating (see http://cyber-net.spb.ru, section "Results"/"Rating") and results of distance round.
Realization of algorithms is carried out on any of three programming languages Pascal, Java and C. There are 6-8 tasks. Duration of Olympiad is 2,5 hours.
The application is filed on behalf of the educational institution.
REGULATIONS OF THE OLYMPIAD
Each team receives the identifier and password to log on the Olympiad system. This information is sent by e-mail in case of distance session or is included in the package which will be got by each team at the registration in case of main session. In the package there is number of classroom where team will compete. Tablets with names of teams will be are established on computers.
The team gets access to the Olympiad tasks after log on.
The log on is carried out from the Olympiad site on cybernetics - http://cyber-net.spb.ru. After log on the participant must choose a security group. Choose group “Participant” and press button “Select”. The next window is “Olympiad on cybernetics”, where it is necessary to press button “Next”. On the page “Olympiad on cybernetics. Test” the participant must fill the text field “Secret key” and press button “Start” to begin the Olympiad.
In the next window the first task of the Olympiad will be displayed. At the top of the window the number of frames, the number of tasks in the Olympiad, the number of tasks that are already answered are shown. In the middle of the window title of the task, refer to the PDF-file with the text of the task, the link which starts the verification of task, the number of checks of the tasks, the number of passed tests in the last check, the maximum number of passed tests for the best check and the laboratory tool are depicted. In the bottom of the window the controls that are used to transfer from one task to another and for completion of testing.
For transition between tasks are used:
- Buttons “Previous”, “Next” by pressing on which transition is carried out to the previous or next task.
- The ruler with numbers of tasks. The number of question on the ruler are reference which allowing to pass to corresponding task quickly. The task name will appear when the mouse is on the number of task.
The laboratory tool used in each task, represents the editor of a code with highlighting of syntax for several programming languages. The programming language choice is carried out from the ut list in the right top corner of the laboratory tool. You can change language but program typed by you will be replaced by program example in the chosen language. Buttons «Undo», «Redo» and «Execute» are located in the left top corner of laboratory tool. Button «Execute» starts the process of compilation and running the program on a remote server. If errors are in a code the information on them is deduced in a window «Output stream». In the case of success in the window «Output stream» the data which have been written down by the program on a standard stream will be displayed. Coding and debugging of solutions should be made only by means of the laboratory tool. The using of integrated development environments is forbidden during the Olympiad.
Initial texts of programs should not exceed the size of 20000 symbols. Program runtime shouldn't exceed 60 seconds.
When programming, it is assumed that the input data for each task is written into the input stream of executable programs, taking into account spaces and linefeeds. The using of data should be done in the same manner as work with standard input. The values that are listed in the standard stream should be separated by spaces and linefeeds.. Reference data are listed in a single line, where the values are separated by spaces, so the program should display all the values in a single line through the spaces.
The testing is done automatically, so in the programs of the input and output data must exactly match the task.
In the solution of task may not be used:
- The output on the screen and the input from the keyboard;
- Extended and expanded memory, protected virtual address mode;
- Read and write of interrupt vectors;
- Read and write of files;
- Read and write of network resources;
- Operations which can break work of the software of the Olympiad.
Checking program use various instruments to monitor compliance with these requirements. Teams who violate these requirements will be fined.
During the competition the participants may have embedded e-mail to ask questions under the terms of the tasks. A question must be written in the form to answer YES or NO. If the question raised incorrectly, or the answer to the question directly follows from the conditions of the task, then the Jury answers "No comments".. To send your question to the Jury you must left-click on the envelope icon in the upper right corner of the window. In the new window, click on the button «New message».Rrecipient «Jury» will be automatically specified. After filling in the fields «Subject» and «Body» click «Send». When the answer will come, the image of the closed envelope in the right top corner of the screen will change on an open envelope with an arrow.
It is possible to observe current results of the Olympiad on page http://cyber-net.spb.ru/view/. For 30 minutes before the end of the Olympiad update of report stops. Time of the end of the Olympiad is defined by Jury. At the end of the Olympiad, verification of solutions, which were sent at a later date, will be stopped. A final rating of all the teams is announced.
The Jury has the exclusive right to determine the correctness of the solutions and the winners, teams disqualification. Decisions of Jury are definitive and without appeal.
DEFINITION OF WINNERS
- Time. Duration of the Olympiad is 2.5 hours.
- Points (Po). Each task is checked on 10 tests. For each successful passed test the team is awarded by 1 point. In the case of successful passing all the tests the sum of points is duplicated (20 points).
- Penalty (Pe). Penalty points will be appointed for each additional dispatch of a solution for verification. 1 dispatch - 0 penal points, 2 or 3 - 1 point, 4, 5, 6 - 2 points, 7, 8, 9, 10 - 3 points, 11 and more dispatches - 4 points.
- Weights (W). The points for each task will be multiplied by a weight, which depends on the total number of points of all teams for this task. The tasks have the weight 2, if their solutions have the greater sum of points. The next group of tasks has the weight the least sum of points.
- Score. The score for each task (PT) is calculated by using the equation: PT=W*(Po-Pe), where PT>=0.